Cage suggestions?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The FN would be my suggestion. I like the CN (and have one), but the bars break too easily for my liking.

Quality Cages. They have three sizes. All three are great. They come with wooden shelves and a powder coated, pull out pan. The Ferret Nation cages need to have the plastic shelves and ramps removed and replaced with wooden shelves. You will also need to order a metal pan from Bass Equipment company.

I have a CN and I love it. The doors open wide, so it's amazing for cleaning. I replaced the plastic with wood shelves and a tiled floor. Costs some extra money but worth the investment.

I used to use the Martin Cages and then moved on the the Ferret nation. Its now the 180s models and has no tool assembly. Its definitely easier to clean now. Plus you can take parts out and add extra parts as you deem worthy! =D

I want a Ferret Nation so bad! I saw one for sale online in my area for $150! I should have jumped on it! :( Right now my chin is in a modified bird cage that is pretty big, and it has nice powder coated bars/doors, but the main reason I want the FN is because of the doors that open up to expose the entire face of the cage! So nice!

I have used the Quality Cage, Ferret Nation, Critter Nation and the Martin's Chinchilla Palace. Quality Cage is really nice and the pull out pan is awesome, plus a great stand on wheels, but I really like how the Ferret and Critter Nation doors open to the full size of the cage and the bass pans are great (you can request Bass to make the cage pans 3" high instead of 2" to help keep the shavings inside the cage). I like the Critter Nation or Martin's cages for breeding, but I would still get the metal pans from Bass (Martin's Cages come with plastic pans too). Also the Martin's cages do not come with a stand on wheels like the other 3 cages and I do not like their metal ramps and shelves so I take them out.

Quality Cages are great except for the width of the door opening. I called them this week about another question I had about their shelves and I told the lady if the cage could be improved in any way it would be the door. She thanked me for the suggestion and said she'd run it by their cage maker.

I just read this thread again and realized that I have upgraded Buddha's cage since I last posted! I found a Critter Nation on KSL (kinda like craigslist, but for UT, ID, and WY) for only $75!! (I was able to talk him down from $100 because it was missing the stand)... I thought that I wouldn't really like this new cage TOO much more than the cage we already had, because it wasn't a whole lot bigger, but once we got it all set up, I fell in love! (we took the middle out, so it's just one huge cage) and I can literally sit in it if I want. That's how awesome the doors are. Also, I found a member on here that is going to send me a stand for just the cost of the shipping, so it has all worked out super well! Sorry for the long post, I just wanted to say that I suggest the CN (or the FN), now that I have actually had one! :)

Latest posts

Back