Cage size?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

valrociraptor

Hi everyone!

I have a ferret nation 141(I think). It's the one story, 2 door one. It has lots of ledges and a hammock and all that jazz. I was wondering if that is too small for 2 chinchillas? I found a wonderful deal and want to get my chin a friend!

Thank you all for your help!
~Valerie~

It's fine, but you cannot count on your chin wanting a friend. If you want to add a chin to your existing chin, either get the FN142 or get a second cage and keep it handy. There is never a guarantee that your chin will get along with a new cage mate.

good advice from tunes there.

i just want to add that any new chin that comes home needs to be quarantined in a separate room for 30 days, so that you can monitor for any diseases and to ensure the new chin is eating/pooping and settling in without any problems. for this you will need to get a second cage, so perhaps buy another FN 141 and then if your chins will live nicely together after introductions, then add the one FN to the top of the other one to make a 2 level FN.

Hi,
I do not want to repeat what was already said, but I just want to say, I do wish you luck and I hope they get along :)
Summer

Back