Cage questions?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deliamaj

love my chins!
My little Cloud is currently housed in something from either Super pet or All Living Things, I think. It's got a 2'x2' floor and is maybe 3-4 feet high, so it's big enough in theory. I housed two older chins in it for a year with no problems. The thing is, Cloud is a rocket on four legs. He bounces off the sides and loves to race from the top to the bottom and back again. Also he's got a Flying Saucer. And when he's zooming about or running on the wheel, the whole cage shakes. I can see the bars bending when he jumps on the wheel. Also the cage has a plastic base, which Elena and Tseng never laid a tooth on but which Cloud has decided is yummy. I've put a guard up to minimize the chewing but I want to get him into something all metal. The thing is, I found out I am picky about my cage size. I want it to be at least 3 feet tall, and 3 feet wide. The single ferret/critter nation units are not tall enough for me, but the double is way too tall, because I need it to be able to sit on a table or have a 3 foot high stand. I have found (very) few that meet these requirements, like the Fiesty Ferret House and some cages from exoticnutrition.com, but I have no idea if the cages will be sturdy enough to handle the flying saucer. Can anyone recommend a quality cage in that size?

I forgot to mention I'm also on a bit of a budget. I don't have more than $200 to spend and I'd prefer to keep it way less than that but I'm sure the better the cage is, the higher the price! Thanks in advance for your advice,
Danielle

Ferret.com is having a sale, so the ferret nation 182 is $176 and they have $1 shipping for orders above $75.

I found a cage that's the right size, but it's powder coated wrought iron. Is that safe?
Danielle

Latest posts

Back