Cage question

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smhluvsmh

Whisker Kisses Addict
Do most of you that have FN 142 (double) leave the middle section in or out? I checked out the ferret nation thread and some are hard to see. Do you all change up their set up occasionally ( like moving your furniture around when you need a change) or is it better to leave it familiar?

I believe it's a personal choice. I know a lot of Chin owners leave the middle out, to make the cage appear larger. I have a FF and I prefer the middle piece in, so that the bottom of the cage isn't crowded. Also, My chinnies get more affectionate and like it when I switch up their ledges and such.

i kept the middle in, in both of my fn 142's.
and i change things around like tub hammock house once a month.

I really think most people keep the middle in. I used to have mine open without the middle section in this thread here - http://chins-n-hedgies.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21140 when I was housing 3 chins in a FN142 BUT after a few months of this open plan, I had to move quick and put the middle back in as 2 of the chins started bullying the 3rd one. Also, if you decide to keep it open and you don't have ledges/hammocks, etc. staggered throughout the cage, that could be an accident waiting to happen with a chin falling from the top to the bottom of the cage.

Oh...mine are both open with two half shelves each, staggered one on each side and multiple different shelves and ledges and hammock and tubes everywhere. I was just curious as to what most people did. Thanks guys.

I had the middle in at first, then took it out for a few months, then decided to put it back because of the extra floor space. Now that my boys broke up (fighting)...I guess the middle will remain in forever to keep them seperate.

Snooper...thank goodness for FN and the ability to separate. I fear many multiple chin owners would have many more cages than they really want if they had to buy every time a brake up happened. Sorry about your boys! I have a bonded pair of sisters and a single. Your situation is my one fear and the reason I haven't persued harder for a friend for Gizmo. One of the sisters was "supposed" to be a friend for her but it didn't work out but I loved her so I adopted her anyway and her sister as well. They have playtime together so that's a plus but I still feel bad that Giz is alone. I hope your still excited about your new babies and not put off or afraid. They are adorable! Good luck!

Sorry, Shooper not snooper. That was too early in the morning for me! I used to teach Kindergarten, looks like I would know to read and re-read! Sorry, again.

I have the middles in both of my FN's.... but then, in a pinch, I can close off the hole and split the cage into two if I get in a ton of rescues at once. So, that's why I personally do it. Normally I like cages without a separation like that, but for the FN's, even without the rescues, I kinda like the way it's two levels.

Latest posts

Back