Cage Ideas

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChinnyChinChins

Hi all! I have orders Bass Pans, a couple shelves and some hanging toys and toss toys a few days back for the FN cage. I already looked the the FN club thread and Im out of ideas. What should I decorate my cage with? What are your cage themes? What do your cages look like? Give me some ideas :)
Thanks!
:help:

old pic and very basic. Been wanting to redo things and get some toys and fun stuff but to much been going on lately so its been delayed.

BoysCage_zpsfc0c0768.jpg

boys cage

GirlsCage_zps8ab013a0.jpg

Girls cage
My girls ate up there self liner under there hut so it had to be removed. Same with there pillow in the hut.

It was nice while it lasted tho'

Sophie_Sophia_01.jpg

old pic and very basic. Been wanting to redo things and get some toys and fun stuff but to much been going on lately so its been delayed.

BoysCage_zpsfc0c0768.jpg

boys cage

GirlsCage_zps8ab013a0.jpg

Girls cage
My girls ate up there self liner under there hut so it had to be removed. Same with there pillow in the hut.

It was nice while it lasted tho'

Sophie_Sophia_01.jpg
Thanks!

Sounds like you're missing a hideout, so do get one as chins need to hide away from their owners and surrounding things that might spook them occassionally.

Sounds like you're missing a hideout, so do get one as chins need to hide away from their owners and surrounding things that might spook them occassionally.
Hi! I have a fleece hanging cube-bed thing for her if thats what you mean. The Bass Pans arrived yesterday. I don't have any fleece liners for her besides a blanket that I folded and put in there. The only major issue is that the blanket has thread on the ends. I check it daily to ensure no thread is loose or chewed on but I'm becoming more worried and I don't know how to sew real well. Any ideas?

Exciting! I would suggest simply purchasing a few yards of anti-pill or blizzard fleece and cutting it to size (a little larger than the pans) and folding the excess under granite or stone slabs. That's what I do and never have had a problem with chewing, as they're unable to reach the ends of the fleece. I would advise against fabric with threads, especially if they can reach the edges and chew them up; could cause blockage. If it were me, I'd remove the blanket and just wait until I could make it to a fabric store to purchase some fleece. Here's a post all about cage accents and FN cages: http://lychinchillas.com/2015/05/13/chinchilla-cage-accents/ and http://lychinchillas.com/2015/04/08/ferret-nation-cages-pros-and-cons/ perhaps they can give you some ideas as to what elements to incorporate.

Exciting! I would suggest simply purchasing a few yards of anti-pill or blizzard fleece and cutting it to size (a little larger than the pans) and folding the excess under granite or stone slabs. That's what I do and never have had a problem with chewing, as they're unable to reach the ends of the fleece. I would advise against fabric with threads, especially if they can reach the edges and chew them up; could cause blockage. If it were me, I'd remove the blanket and just wait until I could make it to a fabric store to purchase some fleece. Here's a post all about cage accents and FN cages: http://lychinchillas.com/2015/05/13/chinchilla-cage-accents/ and http://lychinchillas.com/2015/04/08/ferret-nation-cages-pros-and-cons/ perhaps they can give you some ideas as to what elements to incorporate.
Thank you for the idea! The only reason I kept it in there is because I didnt want her to pee directly on the brass pans. Will the pans withstand her pee?

**UPDATE**
Okay, so I ordered a set of fleece liners from one of the webstores (forgot the name,something toy box?)
Also, the pee comes off the Pans really well! Have any cage suggestions?

Pans won't withstand the pee forever, but as long as it is cleaned regularly with a vinegar and water mixture, it should hold up against pee for quite a while. I have a post on cleaning pans and fabric - although great tips can also be found via searching CnH! Hope your new fleece liners work out well!

Pans won't withstand the pee forever, but as long as it is cleaned regularly with a vinegar and water mixture, it should hold up against pee for quite a while. I have a post on cleaning pans and fabric - although great tips can also be found via searching CnH! Hope your new fleece liners work out well!

Thanks so much :)

Latest posts

Back