cage big enough???

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K

kimeeebabeuk

im wondering if this cage is big enough????

i keep thinking everytime i go to let him out of the cage he cant wait to get out?!

is it really bad for him? :(

Attachments

• 3049_89683093209_527268209_2427610_6978486_n.jpg
    3049_89683093209_527268209_2427610_6978486_n.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 76
He can't wait to get out because he knows he gets to run amok all over the house! Most chins love to get out and run, and hate to go back in their cage, but it's rarely because of cage size. They just like the freedom.

That cage looks fine in size, and he's got a house to hide in. You might want to check into a wheel, if it will fit the cage, and maybe a hammock or a fleece covered piece of PVC pipe to "dress it up" a bit more. Give him a few more places to hide.

Other than that, and that's just a choice not a requirement, you're all set. :)

I agree, that's a good size cage. Only thing I can add is maybe a couple of ledges here and there as my chin boys love to jump around sometimes when they're in their cage.

I agree a couple of ledges might make it a little more fun, but the cage is a decent size.
My one boy has figured out how to make me feel guilty if I dont take him out every time I pass his cage!! He only does it with me though! He LOVES playtime and they learn quickly how to work us over!!!

I've the same cage, and took the top off to install a wheel! Worked out great!!

That is a nice size cage for one chin. I would get rid of the ramps if you can and add some wood ledges and shelves for him to hop up on. The love to hop back and forth from ledge to ledge! He would most likely appreciate as wheel as Peggy said too.

You can always take out the ramps (some chins have had accidents wire ramps) and replace them with wooden ledges. A wooden hay box, hanging toys, fleece items, tunnels/tubes, leaping ledges, wheel/saucer (there are just wayyyy too many ways to spoil your chin) would create a fun environment while you're away.

Back