Cage bar spacing

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xBellonax

I have a very large bird cage that I am going to turn into my chinchilla cage but the bars are spaced too far apart, even though they are only 1". Phoenix, my baby boy, is 6 months old and he easily escapes from just about everything! Even the playpen I have he gets through!

So I was wondering if anyone has added wiring to their cage to make the gaps smaller (like weaving in between the bars to make them almost square) and what type of wire to use?

I hope this all makes sense lol. If I can figure out how to post a pic of the cage I will, to help with visualization. I just need to figure out a solution because getting a new cage is not an option at this point in time, and I'm pretty sure I could make this cage awesome!

I don't know of anything you could add, honestly, but once he gets bigger he shouldn't be able to get out of 1" spacing. To be safe, I'd personally get a cage with smaller spacing until he is too big to get out of the cage you have now.

Latest posts

Back