cage advice

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TnkTaingTal

As I'm sure you all have noticed... Its impossible to find a complete chin safe cage. They all either have plastic or wire shelves. I've had my cages for a long time and its time for replacements. I've built my own shelves and bases. I find it difficult to talk myself into buying a cage knowing I won't even use half the cage being that I'll throw out the shelves and base so they don't eat it. I just can't believe there is no way around this. There must be a place that sells acceptable cages or the cage without the base and shelves. Any advice? Also, how often should you replace their cage?

Watch Craigslist and eventually a ferret nation or critter nation will be listed that already is missing the plastic shelves and trays. Ive always paid a hundred or less for doubles. Bought two cages like that for $50 or less each and found one for free.

I agree with Jeremiah. Watch Craigslist and you might find a CN/FN with or without the trays rather cheap.

As far as replacing the cage itself, I'm not sure why the cage would need replaced if there is nothing wrong with it. Replacing the shelves I could see as they chew or even pee on them, but the whole cage, I'm unsure. Unless you are upgrading to a bigger on.
Wood shelves would be as needed.

Latest posts

Back