Buzzing sound

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tcraighenry

It's the weirdest thing, Cinnamon started making this buzzing sound with her teeth. It must be grinding but it really does sound like a buzz.

She's eating, drinking, chewing, pooping. Any thoughts? Maybe she is just grinding her teeth a little bit? The last time we heard it was when she was drinking. But sometimes she just does it.

She is our little Beaver though. She goes through twice the sticks Vincenza does.

Her weight is fine. She did lose a little when we changed her over to Oxbow from Purina but is at 600 grams. Seems to be normal for her.

One of our newest rescues does the same thing, though he's done it since we first picked him up. Of the other six, one will make the same kind of noise when she's annoyed with something (or someone), but this one just seems to like making it. I can't tell yet if it's his equivalent of "please get away from my cage" or "I'm not all that happy about all the other chins in this room" or if it's just his "here I am!" noise.

Back