Buying Cages Online

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meninnoa

Does anyone know of any websites that sell fairly cheap, large cages? Thank you!

Unless you can find one used, then you probably won't find a decent cage for "fairly cheap". I had a cage from Petsmart as a starter cage; it came as a kit and cost $90. I upgraded to a Critter Nation, double unit ($250) that I ordered from Amazon. (The starter cage would have been sufficient, but I was supposed to get another chin; I had planned to upgrade regardless though so my boy would have a lot more room)

Are you just looking to use something temporarily, or permanent? If permanent, remember that chinchillas have a pretty long lifespan, so in the long run investing in a better cage doesn't cost all that much.

If finances are tight, then I see people post about cages on Craigslist so you might be able to find a decent one used somewhat local to you. Good luck!

Craigslist is always a good place to look for used Ferret Nations or Critter Nations.

However, sometimes ferret.com will have a sale where a FN will be discounted and then shipping will be super cheap too. Right now they have 15% off with 4.99 shipping up to a certain weight. I had the same deal when I ordered my FN in December, so I paid $215.08 for a FN 182 with shipping.

Latest posts

Back