Busy week and a birthing video

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

furrylovables

http://www.freewebs.com/furrylovables/apps/videos/videos/show/8365998-pebbles-

This all started this morning at 6:15 went to check on my girls as usual and notice Pebbles in labor. So I forgot about my coffee and grabbed my light and camera and by the time I got back Z22 was born, a ebony male weighing at 42 grams! The baby that Pebbles gives birth to is a tan white male weighing 49 grams.

Born April 27--First photo are Rileys babies: Z15 ebony male 46 grams, Z16 ebony female 39 grams and Z17 ebony male 36 grams

Born April 28--Second photo are Cadburys babies: Z18 ebony male 36 grams,
Z19 dark tan male 41 grams, Z20 Tan female 43 grams and Z21 Light tan female 48 grams

Born Today April 30 Pebbles babies: Z22 Ebony male 42 grams, Z23 Tan white male 49 grams, Z24 Ebony female 32 grams and Z25 White ebony female 41 grams.

Attachments

• rileys babies.jpg
    rileys babies.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 69
  • cadburys babies.jpg
    cadburys babies.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 71
  • Pebbles babes.jpg
    Pebbles babes.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 76
WOW!!! Great video!!! My boys' ears pricked up when they heard the little squeaks and kit noises -- it must have brought back memories for them.

Love the white ebony females markings! Congrats to Miss Pebbles on these cute bebbies

Oh. My. Chinchilla God.
Those 3 ebony kits are possibly the most beautiful triplets I've ever seen on this forum.
-steals them all-

How cute! Congrats!
The birthing video is very interesting as I've never seen a chinchilla give birth before. I got scared every time I see the mom almost stepping on the ebony kit. How long does a birthing normally last for?

I must ask, what camera do you have?

Last edited:
Births can last anywhere from 2-6 hours it all depends on the mama and how quick the babies want to come out. I have a sony megmovie vx camera, cyber-shot. It takes great photos and video, but the zoom stinks.

what terrific video. Not being a breeder myself, I found it very fascinating to watch. thank you so much for posting! And congrats on all the babies!

Latest posts

Back