Bumps in ears. What are they? See pics plz.

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smiyata12

Hi, I adopted 2 male chins about 5 months ago. They were mainly distinguishable because one had a bump in its left ear. The previous owner never mentioned it, so I didn't think anything of it at the time. Recently more bumps/welts have begun to appear on the same ear, and on the other! We took him (Ozzie) to the vet and the vet thinks it's ringworm. I'm curious if anyone has another opinion? The anti-fungal cream the vet provided doesn't seem to be helping. I've attached 2 pics. The one on his left ear is the one he's had the longest (looks like it has a whitehead or something...)
Love to hear any thoughts! Thx.

Attachments

• DSC_0253.jpg
    DSC_0253.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 56
  • DSC_0256.jpg
    DSC_0256.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 60
do your boys share the same cage? it's possible this is bites from the other chin.

Yes they do share a cage. I've never seen them fight, but then again they are up mostly when I'm sleeping. Last night (for the first time ever) I heard one of them whimpering like a lonley puppy. I read online that likely means one is scared/intimidated or being bullied by the other, so this may be the case...

I do think that they look similar to a chin bite. When I was introing my two girls my one chin ended up with wounds similar to those.

I would keep an eye on them if nothing else, make sure you don't see any pulled fur anywhere and try to make sure both are being allowed to eat and drink.

Back