Built Amazing Houses! + Got new Cage!

• Thread starter burritothechinchilla
  • Start date
Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with everyone.. they look very neat. You can definitely tell you put a lot of effort into them. :]

Question, though.. is it actually safe to use the gorilla wood glue? Especially for use with chins, who will no doubt chew through the wood and eat the glue? I know it is extremely dangerous for any animal to ingest the regular gorilla glue, but not sure how different it is.
Maybe this has already been discussed somewhere on the boards or something, but I've been out of the loop for a while so I apologize if that's the case. The only glue I am aware of that is okay is the regular non-toxic kids Elmer's glue.

It is Non-Toxic. The label markets it as 100% non-toxic. It is also the strongest glue I have ever used. :)

Those are cute!

Never would have thought of burning the wood. Great idea, but doesn't it smell like burnt wood now?

I wish I could put cool things like that in with my boys, but they will destroy anything I put in. I already have to buy them a new wood house because they have transformed it into a canopy tent..

Those are amazing! What creative ingenuity. :clap1:

I agree with everyone.. they look very neat. You can definitely tell you put a lot of effort into them. :]

Question, though.. is it actually safe to use the gorilla wood glue? Especially for use with chins, who will no doubt chew through the wood and eat the glue? I know it is extremely dangerous for any animal to ingest the regular gorilla glue, but not sure how different it is.

My neighbor's dog ate a bottle of the regular gorilla glue last year. The glue swelled to the size of a football in his stomache and he had to have the mass surgically removed. Apparently it tastes sweet like molasses and her vet said it is a common occurance. My neighbor was lucky that she knew exactly what he got into and took him straight in, otherwise he most likely would have died from starvation/dehydration. Poor guy.

Great houses!

And at my vet hopsital we had the same thing happen. Ate a whole tube. It was a big hard ball inside his stomach we had to cut it out :(

Those are amazing! What creative ingenuity. :clap1:

My neighbor's dog ate a bottle of the regular gorilla glue last year. The glue swelled to the size of a football in his stomache and he had to have the mass surgically removed. Apparently it tastes sweet like molasses and her vet said it is a common occurance. My neighbor was lucky that she knew exactly what he got into and took him straight in, otherwise he most likely would have died from starvation/dehydration. Poor guy.

Adorable! :)) I love 'em!

The only thing I would change is the flag on the ship... I just keep seeing an impailed chinnie. :unsure:

I agree with everyone! Your cage setup is awesome and Burrito is so spoiled to have such adorable houses. Hopefully he is kind to the houses as they must have taken some time to make!

I agree with everyone! Your cage setup is awesome and Burrito is so spoiled to have such adorable houses. Hopefully he is kind to the houses as they must have taken some time to make!

Yeah, she hasnt really chewed them too much. I'm kinda happy lol.:)

The craftmanship is fantasitic! You are obviously very talented and creative. I also love that you have Burrito's name engraved on them: SS Burrito! Too cute!

Great job!!

Nice houses! I love the western theme! all you need is a couple of willow balls acting as tumbleweeds! LOL!

If anyone was still wanting a house like one of these, I have decided to start selling them. I will make them custom, however you want them to look. I can make a boat, house, castle, cave, you name it! You can PM me if your interested!

Latest posts

Back