Building Fun

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Akunaferret

Tasty Human
I don't know if there are any plans on how to do this, but suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I have SO many boxes laying around that I was thinking about tapping some of them together or taping the open flaps closed and cutting holes in them to make little play boxes for play time. Some of them would have holes in the side and some in the top, but how would I know if they can reach the top? Does anyone happen to have any ideas or suggestions on how I can make these play boxes?

I literally JUST did this. I had a couple of boxes left over from getting gifts shipped to me, I cut holes in them and put them together and put them out during playtime.

What I did was take a razor cutter and just cut random shapes into the boxes. I only have two boxes, so I took the bigger one and put it on the bottom. Theres a hole on the top part that connects to a hole on the bottom of the other box. I just taped them together using duck tape, I sit in his playpen with him every time I left him play so I made sure he didn't chew on anything. Leo had a blast!

Here are some pictures..

10202201.jpg

10202221.jpg

10201951.jpg

EDIT: Images should be fixed!

Those are awesome! He so looks like he's having fun! hahah Now I'm really excited to start on mine. I need to get all the boxes together, see what I can use. ^_^

to make cardboard platforms inside the boxes, just cut a slit in the side of the box the platform is going in, shove the cardboard for the platform through it an inch or two, and repeat for the other side of the box. might want to double up the cardboard for the platforms to make it sturdy.

Mine are 3 boxes high and they have no problem going in the bottom and coming out of the top. They even go from top to bottom. They have a lot of fun.

Chinnie Playpen playtime (2).jpg

Here's a pic of mine! I left the cut out circles in there and they carry them around and try to bring them in the box maze with them.

how awesome! I'll be working on them through out the week, especially once I have packed up all the Christmas stuff (so that I know what boxes I have to work with) I'm really excited!

Finally got around to taking down the Christmas tree and the lights, left me with little boxes, BUT here is what I have made. Behold! Their new play ground

Attachments

• IMG_0094.jpg
    IMG_0094.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0095.jpg
    IMG_0095.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_0099.jpg
    IMG_0099.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_0097.jpg
    IMG_0097.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0104.jpg
    IMG_0104.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 27
That looks awesome! I have a question as I want to do this too, do any one else's chins try to eat the tape? I'm worried mine would nibble surreptitiously if I get distracted, they love finding any tape I may have forgotten on my cardboard blockers and ripping it off, then running away from me with it.

the boxes i use for playtime are tape free, just to be on the safe side. with my Rhino being a plastic addict, i'm sure he'd be nomming on tape in seconds! lol.

Latest posts

Back