Bug bites

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DanceswithElvis

House Hobo
So I had a minor scare this morning. Nibbler is situated in our dining room, we don't use it as anything other than his cage room and it's right next to the living room and he can see directly into the kitchen. It also means our bed room isn't that far away, so I can hear him if there's any trouble at night.

Well, this morning I woke up to his scared/alarm "barks"...so I go in to see what he was upset about. I didn't see anything, so I figured that maybe he got scared when my husband let the dogs out or something. Chins are funny little guys.

About 30 minutes later, he does it again. This time when I go to see what's up I notice that he's not looking out at me, but he's back all the way up against the front of the cage and barking at the back.

Behind the cage, on the wall was this HUGE F*KING SPIDER. I managed to kill it, then I got Nibbs out of the cage and checked him over for bites on his face and paws.

Now, here's my question. What do you do if your chin IS bitten by a spider or another insect. I mean it's not likely, but things do slip in with the dogs or when you bring in the groceries.

With a dog, you can give them a benadryl (pill cut per weight of dog). But with a chin you can't do that.

What can you do?

Btw, in case it wasn't clear. Nibbler is just fine. I'm a bit jumpy as I hate spiders, so every little itch or brush against my skin or in my hair I've been convinced it's the spider's evil twin out for revenge or something equally as stupid but totally the first thing that pops in my head.

I assume the spider came in on one of my canvas boxes. I'm an artist (grad student in illustration), and I store some of my stretched canvases in the garage to save space in my studio. I just assume it hitched a ride.

Latest posts

Back