Broken Leg

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mangeo

My chinchilla broken leg and here I am in town I live has no DOCTORS for chinchillas, if I go to a vet will be able to fix it; It is a pity to see it limps

You need to find a vet NOW. Your chinchilla is in severe pain if it has a broken bone. It needs an xray and treatment. If you have to drive an hours or more to an exotic vet, so be it. If you can't find an exotic vet go to a regular emergency vet.

This is why it is so important to do research on a vet before you get an animal.

Google chinchilla breeders in Greece and contact them who they take chins to, even a rabbit vet should be able to amputate a leg, it would be better than just sitting there and suffering.

I agree with Dawn regarding a rabbit vet, or even a dog vet should be able to amputate a let, provided they have proper, safe anesthesia. Find a vet in your town and call them.

Your chin should not be limping around. Put him in a small pet carrier where he will have minimal movement so the leg does not continue to cause him so much pain, then get him to a vet immediately. After the leg is amputated, you will need that small pet carrier for a while anyway to restrict his movement until the stump fully heals.

I agree get him to a vet ASP. Do not let the vet try 'to save the leg' - have it amputated. It will be best for the chin and cheaper for you. Saving the leg rarely works and then you will have to amputate anyway costing more money

Latest posts

Back