Broken Ferret Nation

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cuddlebug

I was just wondering if anyone has ever had their chin break on of the bars on a Ferret nation cage. I had a perch attached to the cage in the upper right, front corner. My sweet little Tessie loves to bounce around from about 9:00 pm to the wee hours of the morning. Her favorite thing to do is to use the perch as a diving board, bouncing on it once or twice straight up and down and then launching herself across the cage. This activity has broken the bars where the horizontal ones intersect with the vertical ones. These cages are so sturdy, I would not have believed it possible. Needless to say, I had to take her "diving board" away.

So far my boys arent able to tear up their FN's. I havent heard of any other members that had bars break.

I've had it happen a lot with critter nations, but not ferret nations so far. CD is a great idea!

I have had a flying saucer snap a FN bar.

One of the rescues CN's had a broken bar and the former owner came up with a solution to fix it. He bought everything at the hardware store:

cnfix.jpg

So far, no FN bars broken. Had to repair lots of CN bars though.

Curious, how did you repair them? I have a couple broken bars on my CN - they dont poke out or anything, and are not really visible... I was thinking of soldering them back together.

Back