Bringing Home Baby

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

letsdothehedgie

I'm getting a hoglet in the beginning of January and am getting my supplies ready. I bought a carrier the other day (http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2753365) and am wondering if it would be appropriate to use for bringing home my hedgehog. The car drive is about an hour and a half long. I will be putting a hand warmer in a sock for heat as well as a fleece blanket. I would love to hear your thoughts!

Ideally a hard sided cat carrier is the best for in a vehicle. The hard sided carriers are easily recognizable in the event of an emergency. They are larger enough to have lots of bedding. One like in the link below is airline approved.

In the event of an accident, the hard sided ones protect hedgie from anything flying around in the vehicle.

http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2751237

I'm not familiar with hedgie care, but wanted to welcome you to the forum! Kudos for doing your research prior to bringing your new baby home!

Hey there!! I'm glad to see your posting on here :) I'll be sending a couple of videos to you soon!! Both boys were chowing down on Hannahs food last night!!

Thanks for sharing the link with me. I've learned a lot from reading the threads here. I can't wait to see the video, I've been checking my email religiously lol! I'm glad weaning is going well, have you introduced mealies to them yet?

No mealies yet. But that's will be soon :) Sorry it is taking so long to get the videos to you, they are stuck on my Kodak program on my computer. One of my ratties apparently chewed through my direct cable to the internet so I am stuck with wireless right now and it is making everything take forever :( I am trying though!

Back