Bringing her home; Cage setup?!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cherie18

Hey guys so in all the excitement of bringing my new baby home on Sunday I forgot that I needed to ask about what to do while i'm setting her cage up? The lady selling me my chinny is giving me all her supplies cage, food bowl, pet carrier, etc... BUT since i'm getting my chinchilla:confused1::confused1: the same time as the cage what do I do while setting up her cage? I'd hate for her to be cooped up in a pet taxi all day since she's already probably gonna be stressed about traveling home with us> so if you have any tips or know what I should do please let me know?
http://www.chins-n-hedgies.com/forums/images/smilies/confused2 (2).gif

I'd leave her in the carrier. I think it'd be more stressful to take her out, put her somewhere new, then have to take her out of there and put her in her cage. She isn't going to take well to being handled by strangers too much. I got my cage from my breeder and she had it all set up for me, so yours may be doing that as well. Just put some timothy hay in the carrier for her to munch on while you set up and I think she'll be okay.

She'll be fine in the carrier. My girls spent a good portion of the day in their carrier when I brought them home. I left them in the bathroom with the light off while I built their cage. Odds are she will just sleep.

Back