Breeders in Michigan

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you all! I just wanted to know if I had anyone close to me. I would like at some point to visit and see your sweet little chins! And down the road to get another!

I do have a question, my moms friend had a male chin who was very much not being cared for how he should of been. He was in a room with about 7 birds. He water was in a bowl not a bottle no toys and he was eating people food. And in his dust bath house was kitty litter not dust. She said there were 2 but the other had died. She said she could not take care of him because she was allergic to him. So long story short I took him home!
I cleaned his cage, gave him some oxbow food (he lived it) and he had a real dust bath!
While I was cleaning his cage he was in his dust house, I was petting him and found some dried blood on the back of his neck. I have had him for almost a month and he still won't come to me and he won't come out of his cage. So I'm not sure how to clean him or if I should just let it be.

If there is blood before cleaning it I would look further to see what/where it's coming from. You can take him to a vet if there is a cut of some sort or apply Hibitane. Depending on the savarity/if it's still bleeding you would need to look at him more closely.

Back