Boy names? Boy names? Boy names?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

StrawberryLove :)

Any one got any cool boy names for chinchillas??

That is personal preference I think... My guy is named Tobi, just because I love the name. The breeder I got Tobi from said the name suited him, but I am not sure how...

I like person names or names that are against the norm for pets.

I found this: http://exoticpets.about.com/cs/namelists/a/nameschin.htm
There is a name list for Chinchillas o_O

I also prefer human names for animals. I have 3 boys they are named Mick St. John, Wesley and Leonard. Someday when I get my dark chocolate tan or white violet boy his name will be Henry.

Here for boys we currently have:
Pluto, Goliath, Einstein, Albert, Dake, Shadow, Orion, Jupiter, Sputnick, Doon, and D'mitri

In the past, we've had:
Gulliver, Stumpy, Mr. French, Felix, Shelton, Mickey, and Benny to name a few.

A few on my list for future names to use...Marvin, Kirk, Vader, Spock, Crews, Hiro, Elmo, Galileo, Fischer, Pascal, Leonardo, Wolfgang, Walter, Franklin, Egan, Mallory.

Here for boys we currently have:
Pluto, Goliath, Einstein, Albert, Dake, Shadow, Orion, Jupiter, Sputnick, Doon, and D'mitri

In the past, we've had:
Gulliver, Stumpy, Mr. French, Felix, Shelton, Mickey, and Benny to name a few.

A few on my list for future names to use...Marvin, Kirk, Vader, Spock, Crews, Hiro, Elmo, Galileo, Fischer, Pascal, Leonardo, Wolfgang, Walter, Franklin, Egan, Mallory.

Hmmm, a bit of a Sci-Fi fan are we??
I love Star Wars (and my mom is a Trekkie) lol

My daughter and I always go for spices, or fruits names. Like: cinnamon, cocoa,
mango, pepper. So check your spices and find some cute names.

I think it helps when you "see" the individual needing the name....sometimes they just don't "Look Like" a _____ (insert name here)....same way when I named my children.

We have all boys....and some came with names, some we changed...

We have Snickers (beige), Soot (blk velvet), Tommy (std gray), Klinger (sapphire) and Jack Voulet (violet).

I went with a star theme for my boys...Sirius and Rigel. Sirius is the brightest star and Rigel is the 6th brightest and is near Sirius. Since they are brothers, I thought that would be neat... I like creative names that have kind of a theme I guess.

I wish I could have picked names for my chins. My son named our standard Richie and our CL rescue was named Stitch.
I agree about seeing the chin first. Sometime their color or an action they do makes their name fit them!

My two boys are Crichton and Max. Max was named by my fiance, by me asking what we should name him. "Max", he said without looking up from the TV. So Max it was :)

Check out some baby names websites for names.

I like names of things that have to do with my life right now. So then when I look at my chin, it reminds me of good times in my life from years ago. Like i named my new girl Sidney, as in Sidney Crosby b/c I love the Pittsburgh Penguins. My last chin was a girl but before we found out that we thought she was a boy, so we named her Tojo. I like different names but to each his own!

My chins have a volcanic/geographical theme, i.e. Magma, Tuya, and Chile. : )

I go mostly for people names as well..Tristan, Milo, Sammy, Oliver, and Willie
I have always been partial to the name "Charlie" for a chinchilla. Unfortunately, that's my brother's name so I have been told it's off-limits.

Names are always an interesting hurdle, I find, when you get a new chin. I like having certain meanings behind names, or reasons for naming a chin.

I have 12 boys.

Scoot is named so because that is my fiance's nickname.
Hemi is after a Hemi engine. He's big like a truck too, lol.
Mocha and Latte - after my favorite, coffee.
Baloo - after the character on the Jungle book
Kobie - actually after basketball star Kobe bryant (can you tell fiance picked the name?)
Madden - after football star (again, fiance picked the name). Kind of funny because Madden is chubby too, lol.
Morgan - named after Shemar Moore's character in Criminal Minds (OMG hottest guy ever, and the chinchilla Morgan is a stunning violet wrap so it worked out perfectly).
Paxton, Kumiko, Loki and Bailey were all names that I found online and liked.

I kind of have a mix of "human" names and "animal" names for the chins.

Cervantes the Dread Pirate is named after a character in the Soul Caliber video games. He's out of "Luigi" and "Zelda", so we decided to keep the video game theme, but name it something "tough" (and spare my boyfriend's already tenuous masculinity regarding pets *eyeroll*. Apparently chinchillas aren't a "manly" pet.).

Crash was named during his first out of cage playtime before he learned that the floor doesn't stop moving just because his feet do. Anything that he could "crash" into, he managed to find. Combine that with "Crash into Me" being one of my favorite Dave Matthews songs, and it stuck. His middle name is "No-touchy" from The Emperor's New Groove, Taller Half's favorite animated movie and a good description of the fuzzball's thought pattern when it comes time to get back in the cage. *sigh* But really, I'm one of those people who needs to see/meet the animal before I decide on a name. Before the crashing in the bathroom I was considering other C names like Caedmon, Caesar, Chewbacca, etc. since the dog's name and the other chin's name already start with C (Cleo and Cervantes).

I like unique names for my pets- though some are not that unique, they just kind of fit with my chin.

Neeko was my 1st chin, I had always had the name picked out and loved it.
Roo is my second- he popcorned all over the place and jumped like crazy, like a Kangaroo.
Smudge-he's a white, but when I got him, he had black markings all over his forehead that looked like a pencil smudge.
Koda- just thought it was cute, he's named after Koda in brother bear
Mako- he was a violet, colored like the mako shark
Kuma- means Bear in Japanese, he looked like a baby bear when he was younger.
Felix- means lucky- I rescued him and he was abused
Moose- he is brown, and from what I hear, his parents are monsters, so maybe he'll get as big as a moose!!
Bear- he's black, and looks just like a little black bear (plus I like Bear names if you haven't noticed!)
--Who would have thought you would see a Bear and a Moose living together :p
Bostin- just thought it was a cute name for a chinnie!

Whew, I think I got them all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back