Bovvy is vocalizing for the first time. Question?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bovril

Ellie&Bovril <3
Bovril was just doing his normal thing, when suddenly he stiffened, stared intently at the corner of his cage, and started making a sound like a wheezy squeaky toy. Then he did it again at another corner. This is the first time I've ever heard a chin vocalize, so I just wanted to make sure this is a normal barking sound. Also, when he moved from that spot, I saw he had left about 15 extra large poops. I'll keep watching them, but since he's just 13 weeks and eating almost a whole bowl of food a day, will his poop size grow as he does?

That sounds like a normal bark, he probably startled himself. My boys all bark in their sleep or if a loud noise startles them.

As far as the poops, if they aren't shiny, squishy, slimy, or stinky, then it could just be from eating more.

It sounds like you're describing the "warning noise". Rosey makes it when something outside our house disturbs her sleep.

You explained it perfectly: it really does sound like a wheezy squeaky toy!!

Edgar makes a little squeaky noise sometimes and it seems like he's just talking. He does it as he's running around the cage sometimes too. It can also mean please don't be pet me roughly while he's in his chube. My other two do this so I often wonder if it's because Edgar came to us first and the only baby we got. It really doesn't matter as it's just his personality and normal.

Back