Boring cage

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jessers

Anyone have any good ideas to get my chinny running around his cage more? He's very lazy in his cage and always sitting on a ledge sleeping or something, I thought maybe some more decorations and toys could make him happier. Anyone have any good ideas on what I should put in there?
(I`m going a add a hammock soon so things other than that)

(the 2nd picture is the top and the 3rd is the bottom)

Attachments

• IMG_3416.jpg
    IMG_3416.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_3415.jpg
    IMG_3415.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_3414.jpg
    IMG_3414.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_3413.jpg
    IMG_3413.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_3412.jpg
    IMG_3412.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 38
What about a wooden hidey house, or some wooden hanging toys? (Like bird toys, I guess.)
There's always toilet paper tubes, which you could stuff with hay. A wheel is always good for getting them up and running! Hehe.
And you said you were going to add in a hammock. You could add another one after that, too. =D Or generally other fleece items, like the tubes that some members here sell.

That's all I can think of for now. Once you fill it up, you'll need to post more pictures. =)

I'm making the hammock so pray that it turns out well :)
I should have leftovers to make more hammocks after i put them in my other cage. I think I can start working on the hideyhouse today. I prefere to make them myself to cut down on costs. Thanks for your help!

My chins love their fleece tubes. I'll bet that yours would love one, too.

Mine also all love their wheels. It's a good source for them to exercise when they don't get out of cage playtime. :)) All my chins run mini marathons in theirs every night.

In my cages I have hammocks, tubes, lava ledges and landings, wheel (saucer or chin spin), hidey houses, fiddlesticks, daybed from Simply Chintastic, chillers, hanging toys and that's about it.

Have fun adding! I love when it's time to put new things in my guys cages.

My chins love their fleece tubes. I'll bet that yours would love one, too.

Mine also all love their wheels. It's a good source for them to exercise when they don't get out of cage playtime. :)) All my chins run mini marathons in theirs every night.

Same here,Mine all love their tubes and wheels.

Mine don't really run around and play in their cage much, but they do run in their wheel and hop around on the shellves. Looks like mayb you could add some more shelves. Mine don't like hammocks (doesn't mean yours won't love it), but I have several of the fleece tubes and they are ALWAYS in them. I would definitely recommmed getting one or two. They love them.

Sounds like I should get a tube :) anyone know where it's cheap to get one in canada? I can't really buy a good wheel for him right now but he has a playpen and gets a ton of supervised playtime. I don't want to get a bad wheel then have to replace it. >.<
I just got the supplies for the hideyhouse and I can put it up somewhat higher up so it can act as a ledge too.
Just a question Tagna what's a fiddlestick? A chew toy?

Back