Boredom + supplies = toy box!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CJR

the dreamer
Tia and I recently got a huge package of toys and as I was gazing at the mess that was Tia's overflowing toy box/toy shelf, I got an idea. Make a new, bigger toy box! So I went digging through the house and found -

- nice sized box
- black construction paper
- teeny tiny black, gold, and bronze mosaic tiles
- really awesome letter stickers

So I gathered all these things and sat on the floor (with Tia watching me the whole time, it was so funny because she was like WHAT ARE YOU DOIN?) and made - THIS!

toyboxoutside.jpg

Tia's new toy box!

toyboxtop.jpg

Top of it, so everyone knows whose it is. ;) I wanted it to say "Tia's Toy Box", but there were no apostrophes. Ah well!

toybox.jpg

The sacred inner sanctum of toys!

So... yeah. I was pretty proud with how it turned out. And yes, for anyone who hasn't yet realized it, I am gay as a rainbow!

its a QMC heaven box! so cute!
varg would love one... *hint hint* :)

Ash, that's so great! I can just imagine how crazy she would go if you just sat her inside it with all her toys surrounding her hahah, she is such a spoiled little girl :)

I'm going to adopt Ash. I likes him. :)

Very cute toy box, very creative.

You are too funny Ash..I love the idea/concept! Under my chin table looks like a rubbermaid factory exploded in there! I wish I had thought of an idea like this! :)

Best idea ever! Ash will you adopt me?

Okay, but only if you clean up your own poops, cause goodness knows my first 'child' sure doesn't! :neener:

The box was really easy to make, it only took like half an hour maybe? I got the tiles and letter stickers at Michael's (craft store). Tia is so spoiled, she weighs like a pound and a half and she has like four pounds of toys... ah well!

You have quite the creative side to you and you have a very spoiled chin! It looks great! What are you going to create for your chin next time you get bored?!!!

You have quite the creative side to you and you have a very spoiled chin! It looks great! What are you going to create for your chin next time you get bored?!!!

Well, she was basically ignored for the first three years of her life... her former owners had her because she was fancy, looked good in the living room, and was a "great conversation piece".

Yeah. They were hoity-toity rich people. They didn't abuse her at least. Although they never gave her hay and she had two chew toys that were gnawed to pieces. :(

Figure in all that plus she is broken... I think she deserves it. :)

I think it is very cool idea. My only concern would be her ingesting the tiles or possibly even the stickers. Also altho im sure you did, did you make sure the glue was safe? Other then keep up the brilliant ideas....

I think it is very cool idea. My only concern would be her ingesting the tiles or possibly even the stickers. Also altho im sure you did, did you make sure the glue was safe? Other then keep up the brilliant ideas....

I'm pretty sure he doesn't give Tia access to it, it's more for 'pretty' storage outside of her cage for her many toys and for him to keep track of everything for her.

I would never put that where she could access it, that's like asking for trouble!! Like Kimbt said, it's more of a way to keep her toys in one place instead of overflowing on the 'chin shelf'. Thanks for the concern though. :D

Latest posts

Back