Bored chins?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lydz

Since I do not know what my chins do at night when we sleep and only my one chin uses the wheel and since they stay in their box lost of the time (one looking our of one hole and the other out other, they are cute when they fall asleep sitting there) I think they are bored and do not know what else to put in there for them to play. They have a big to tube to crawl in and small ones to chew, they have sticks and lava bites.

What do they find FUN??

T

I have some hanging toys from members on here. Sometimes i throw in a papertowel tube with some hay. I just recently assembled my chinny chewlettes and they love those.

Most of my chins love hanging toys with liberty bells at the end. Sounds like you have a good assortment already. You could also try alternating the toys so that they seem 'new' again.

I'll put something fun (a willow star, a hay cube) inside a coconut I bought from someone on chins n' quills, stuff a shed-load of hay in on top of it, and hang it in their cage. Yes, they get hay all over the place, but they do that anyway, and it gets them interested in digging through the coconut. I also hide treats like rose hips in their hanging toys on occasion, and rotate stuff around about once a week so the different toys are in different spots.

One hanging toy I had they tore off and the other I found this morning, still attached but put up into their box on the higher shelf then it was hiding. I guess they are playing when we sleep. Haha.

Back