Book Challenge!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What the heck? I thought we weren't doing August! LOL

August:
Witch Fury--Anya Bast--5+ stars--better do a story on Micah or I'll be sad
Fair Game--Jasmine Hayes--4 stars
Hot in Here--Sophie Renwick--new author HOT stuff! A chef!!! yummy!! 5+ stars

Adding:
Addicted to Love--Lori Wilde--5 stars, a hero with an amputated leg--very nicely done
The Winston Brothers--Lori Foster--3 stars, more like 2.5

Adding:
Under Fire--Jo Davis--Station 5 Firefighter's HOT stuff! 5 stars!

Okay I'm officially saying my challenge is also going to be to read a non romance book! OMG can I do it? I don't know, but I'm going to try! Weng suggested an author today and I ordered 2 books by her. And Rebecca has suggested Patricia Cornwell so maybe I'll give her a try as well.

Adding:
Sweet Restraint--Beth Kery 5 stars
Smitten--Janet Evanovich--4 stars, despite no torrid sex I really like this little earlier romp on Janet's! It was cute, sweet and pepped my day!

Adding:
Lori Foster et al--Double the Pleasure--3+ stars. The best story was by Jacquie D'Allesandro
Drop Dead Gorgeous--Jennifer Skully--4 stars. A bald hero! Yes!

I just finished this book, thought it was pretty funny.

On my break from English classes this summer (I have been taking Busniess classes, so a lot less reading) I have read:

-Marley & Me by John Grogan (man did I cry!!)

-The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd

-Mommywood by Tori Spelling (not as good as her first book but was still a good read)

-sTori Telling by Tori Spelling (I was shocked at how much I really enjoyed this book)

-Multiple Bles8ings: Surviving to Thriving with Twins and Sextuplets by Jon
Gosselin, Kate Gosselin (I read this before all the stuff in the news!)

-The Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom (good quick read)

-The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini (liked it but, it is very sad! I am more of a happy book person hahaha)

hmm... I am sure I am forgetting something... anyway I enjoy light hearted easy to read books on my down time since during school I am reading the heavy stuff. Today I picked up The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks and then after that will be A Lion Called Christian: by Anthony Bourke, John Rendall. This is the story behind the youtube clip http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNTdWbVBgc that freaking clip causes me to cry everytime I watch it!! Animal Planet did a show about it and got me interested in reading the book. And lastly someday I hope to read The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger, I say someday because I am number 175 on hold through the library!
I saw that lion clip awhile back and I cried too! So awesome! You've got some great books on your list!!

This was a year long challenge that I started. You can start whenever you want to...but Miss Laurie...you're going to be to like...1000 books by next July, JEESH!
So, I started my challenge for July 2009 - July 2010...I don't care when anyone starts up...August, December, I don't care. Mine just happened to start back up in July for me.

Inspired by Laurie, I guess I'll join the reading fun that I didn't find time to do for a while...I'll set at 15 for now and after I reached the goal I'll read more.(I missed July so do I get a discount? LOL~)
I'm currently reading Raining Cats & Dogs by Laurien Berenson, after this one, I'll go for Scarpetta by Patricia Cornwell.
I really want to start reading some of Patricia C's books as well! I hear they are really good!

Ok, so to add to my own list now...
1. Are You There Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea - Chelsea Handler
2. An Unfinished Life - Mark Spragg
3. If I Stay - Gayle Forman
4. Handle With Care - Jodi Picoult

I wish I could have added more by now, but my life just got extremely crazy within the last 2 1/2 weeks...

August:

Take Her Man--Grace Octavia (4 stars, very enjoyable and I plan on reading more from this author)
The Host--Stephanie Meyer(3 stars, I liked it but the dialogue was too "teenage romance" for me)

In process:
Storm Front--Jim Butcher
Fool Moon--Jim Butcher

August:

Adding:
Addicted to Love--Lori Wilde--5 stars, a hero with an amputated leg--very nicely done

Adding:

Okay I'm officially saying my challenge is also going to be to read a non romance book! OMG can I do it? I don't know, but I'm going to try! Weng suggested an author today and I ordered 2 books by her. And Rebecca has suggested Patricia Cornwell so maybe I'll give her a try as well.

Adding:
Smitten--Janet Evanovich--4 stars, despite no torrid sex I really like this little earlier romp on Janet's! It was cute, sweet and pepped my day!

Adding:
Lori Foster et al--Double the Pleasure--3+ stars. The best story was by Jacquie D'Allesandro

Adding:
Storm Watch--Jill Shalvis--4 stars. Man working 13 hour days sure cuts into your reading time :(

4. The Princess and the Bear (Mette Ivie Harrison)

working on
5. Sister to the Wolf (Maxine Trottier) and
6. The Magician (Michael Scott)

August:
Raining Cats & Dogs - Laurien Berenson(covers a lot on dog's obedience, other than that, kinda boring..)

Adding:
The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon - Stephen King(It's nice to read a not scary novel from him for a change.)

August:

Adding:

Adding:

Adding:

Adding:

Adding:
Storm Watch--Jill Shalvis--4 stars. Man working 13 hour days sure cuts into your reading time

Man am I behind!

Adding:
Men of Courage--Foster/Kaufmann/Shalvis--3 stars
Never Too Much--Lori Foster--3 stars (getting tired of the virgin thing in EVERY book)
Gettiing What You Want--Kathy Love--5 stars
The Personal Touch--Lori Borril--4 stars
Fancy Pants--Susan Elizabeth Phillips--4 stars

I sucked it up and purchased The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger, hey I had a gift card to Borders anyway. I say sucked it up because I am a really big fan of reading books for free from the library, call me cheap :D. Anyway, I am about half way done with it, so far I enjoy it.

I think I may start listening to books on tape because my drive time to work is about 30 mins and I am soooooooooooooooo over listening to the crap on the radio! I think I have radio ADD because I change channels every 3 seconds! I am picking up Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West by Gregory Maguire on CD at the library tomorrow, so we will see how it goes.

August:

Adding:

Adding:

Adding:

Adding:

Adding:
Storm Watch--Jill Shalvis--4 stars. Man working 13 hour days sure cuts into your reading time

Man am I behind!

Adding:
Never Too Much--Lori Foster--3 stars (getting tired of the virgin thing in EVERY book)

Adding:
Passion Unleashed--Larissa Ione 5+ stars! New series I found, Demons and such! Great!
Smart Mouth--Erin McCarthy 5+ stars!
The Pregnancy Test--Erin McCarthy 4 stars--Erin never disappoints!

August:

Adding:

Adding:

Adding:

Adding:

Adding:

Man am I behind!

Adding:

Adding:
Passion Unleashed--Larissa Ione 5+ stars! New series I found, Demons and such! Great!

Adding:
Lip Lock--Susanna Carr--5 stars liked this book a lot!
Made You Look--Jamie Sobrato--2 stars--ug! usually I really like Jamie, this book was bad
Her Last Line of Defense--Marie Donovan 5++ stars! ooh la la! Cajun Green Beret and Congressman's daughter in the wilderness! WOW! This was my first book by her, she will now be considered a "keeper" author for me based on this book

Laurie.....you are killing me!! You added 3 books in one day!!!

Well I finally finished "The Shack" It just took me forever to get thru it.
and that was it for july!!

August:
"Good in Bed" by jennifer weiner
"Whiteout" by Ken Folliet

Michelle don't feel bad two of those last books were little serial romances! I can read those things in an hour! I try not to get them often because they cost 4 bucks and I read them in a hour! But some of my keeper authors still write them so you know I HAVE to get em!

August:

Adding:

Adding:

Adding:

Adding:

Adding:

Man am I behind!

Adding:

Adding:

Adding:
Lip Lock--Susanna Carr--5 stars liked this book a lot!
Made You Look--Jamie Sobrato--2 stars--ug! usually I really like Jamie, this book was bad
Her Last Line of Defense--Marie Donovan 5++ stars! ooh la la! Cajun Green Beret and Congressman's daughter in the wilderness! WOW! This was my first book by her, she will now be considered a "keeper" author for me based on this book

Adding:
Belong to the Night--Shelley Laurenston, Cynthia Eden, Sherill Quinn---a zillion stars! I got this book yesterday and lazed around reading it today and it was FABULOUS! Shelley and Cynthia are big keeper authors for me but loved Sherill's story as well and will be looking out for her!

Are we doing September????

July:
"The Shack"

August:
"Good in Bed" by jennifer weiner
"Whiteout" by Ken Folliet

September:
Metro Girl by Janet Evanovich
Motor Mouth by Janet Evanovich

I'm in for September!

What A Dragon Should Know--G A Aiken 4 stars--didn't LOVE it as I did the first 2 in the series

Snowbound--Larissa Ione. Wasn't worth the 10 bucks I spent on it, but not bad. 3 stars. Her Demonica stuff is TONS better!

Adding:
Wanting What You Get--Kathy Love 4 stars--loved this trilogy!

Wife for Hire--Janet Evanovich--4 stars--cute little romance, real sweet

When Alex Was Bad--Jo Davis--3 stars, her attempt at hard erotica not done nearly as well as her soft erotica Firefighter's of Station 5.

-Marley & Me by John Grogan

-The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd

-Mommywood by Tori Spelling

-sTori Telling by Tori Spelling

-Multiple Bles8ings: Surviving to Thriving with Twins and Sextuplets by Jon
Gosselin, Kate Gosselin

-The Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom

-The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini

-Are You There Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea by Chelsea Handler

-The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks

-A Lion Called Christian: by Anthony Bourke, John Rendall

-The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger