Bone Spur

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crazy

My chinchilla has been fighting bumblefoot for years. I got her when she was 7 so as far as I know she hasn't been on any wiring. Her feet just keep cracking and getting infected. I have no clue what to do. I've tried CEH cream, Soother plus, another type of topical, and bag balm. Shes been to the vet countless times for this. I'm afraid that her body may get used to the antibiotics eventually. She's been put on metacam at .05 ml as a chronic pain medicine. My vet is hoping to manage this problem without surgery. My girl is around 13 years old. Shes super healthy in every other regard. Sadly, I almost never gibe her dust baths because it dries her feet out super bad regardless of how much ointment i put on after. Her feet just keep going dry and cracking. She's on fleece liner. I wash them with an arm and hammer sensitive detergent and don't use any static cling sheets because of the fabric softener in them makes her feet worse. She's been on mazuri the whole time I've had her. Someone please help me. I don't know what I should do to make things easier and more comfortable for her.

How would I do the soaks and how would I administer the oregano oil?
I can do either. I have a stupidly large collection of doterra essential oils. I just wouldn't know what temp to do the water at, or even how to apply the oil..maybe with a q-tip.

The epson salt, just dissolve in warm water and soak the feet as long as you can, if the chin is too wiggly, soak a clean wash cloth in the warm epson salt water and let the chin put its feet on that. The oregano oil you can just apply but the epson salt works better since its a pain reliever, reduces swelling and a antiseptic, it also draws out infection.

Latest posts

Back