Bonded!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sugarised

Wow, my chinny bonding is going so well! Dita's quarantine was up and i started to bond her and starrkey!

Day one i let her and starrkey sniff each other, then let her explore his cage and him explore hers (empty) to get used to smells. This went well, i left their cages near each other over night so they could 'talk'. Day two i put her in his cage. Poor things, I would have liked to have done small cage inside big cage, but mine are all the same brand so they won't fit inside each other! She took over his house whilst he waited patiently for her to come out. When she did, she kacked at him. To be fair to her in her short life with me she's been taken away from her parents, given her own cage and independance, then shoved in another cage with this stranger....

Then i had to come back to Liverpool. SMOOSH.

This worked amazingly. Both are sleepers on car journeys and that just worked a treat. I've been keeping an eye on them since but so far, so good. He's laid back enough to know when to leave her alone. Something I never thought he'd be; and she's a big tease, i thought she'd bully him, but it turns out she just wants to play half the time! Match made in heaven!
101_1367.jpg

more pics to follow! :D

Last edited:
worst thing is, they are cuddled together SO cutely, soon as i get my cam for snuggly pics theyre off :( any i have have stupid cage bars in the way!

I'm glad they're happy together, they certainly are a good-looking pair! :D

Latest posts

Back