Blue Sparkle vs. Blue Cloud: what is the difference?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cmor1031

Mikey is a vanilla bean!
So I know that Blue Cloud is supposed to be one of the best dusts you can use for your chinchilla and I also know that a lot of people also recommend Blue Sparkle. What are the differences between the two? I tend to see Blue Sparkle selling cheaper than Blue Cloud. Is Blue Sparkle less fine than Blue Cloud?
:hmm:

Not sure about all of their difference but Blue Sparkle has sparkley things in it that make the chins sparkle after they take their bath. If you are showing chins, you only want to use the blue cloud as the sparkle would not be desirable on the show table. Sparkle is cheaper. I have used both for my pet chins and I found found that Sparkle tends to irritate my allergies less. I'm not sure about other technical differences, though.

Both are a guality dust.Ranchers that use blue sparkle have done well @ shows.Alot of ranchers use both sparkle & blue cloud.It depends on where you are at,Blue sparkle is harder to get in large quanities.If you only need a small amount,you can order both from Ryersons chinchilla.I use the sparkle for my breeders & the blue cloud for my growers & show animals.You can't go wrong with either dust.
Bob
Colorado Branch of Empress Chinchilla

I've always used Blue Sparkle but I just managed to get some Blue Cloud recently (Thanks saphire!). My chins look BEAUTIFUL! I have 2 that have really bad fur and the Blue Cloud has really made them look great. I'll still use the blue sparkle but so far I LOVE the blue cloud.

Bob. Why is Blue Sparkle hard to get in larger quantities? I called to get a whole semi load which is 20 tons and could have had it with in the month. I know that Blue Cloud is sometimes hard to get a whole truckload out this way.

Back