Blossom the Short Tailed Opossum

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gabby88

I'd like to introduce you all to my new little baby Blossom. She's a 12 week old short tailed opossum.

babysto.jpg

This is how she was sleeping when I brought her home
sleepingbaby.jpg

She loves her hanging house
blossominhammock.jpg

Such a scary little opossum! (she was just yawning. lol)
scaryopossum.jpg

Me and Blossom.
menblossom.jpg

Oh my goodness! She is way too adorable! Congrats on your new addition. I see these every once in a while at my local pet store, and I've thought about maybe getting one some day. I would love to see some pictures of how you have her cage set up. :)

I've never seen them in a pet store around here. I had to drive quite a ways to get her. If you ever do decide to get one from a pet store, make sure it's well socialized. Although, STOs almost never bite, they can still be quite skittish if not handled all the time.

Here's her setup. They are notorious escape artists, so a tank is best.
finishedtank.jpg

They need branches to climb on and hang from, a wheel, and a nesting area. She has a lot of nesting material in her little igloo.

Wow, I love her cage set up and she is just a doll - and I never thought I would say that about an opossum! lol. How big does she get full grown?

Possum Posse looks awesome! I love the crabby opossum faces in the cover photo!!

Blossom makes that face, too. It's all for show. Opossums rarely bite. So darn cute!

Back