bloody urine and green poop

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brittanyydevan

rubys mom
ruby just had red colored urine and a little green poop. she's acting normal and playful and is eating and drinking like usual. HELP!

Green poo is mostly caused by the digestive system. Did you start a new feed lately? What type of feed do you offer.
Bloody urine I have no idea about. It depends on how red is red. Sometimes chins pee looks slightly orange red, however if you're talking about BLOOD red, then I would bring your chin to the vet.
Hopefully there are others that will offer more advise. Hope all goes well.

Many times a chins urine appears to be an orange/red color. That is normal. If you actually see steaks of red blood in the urine, you need to see a vet asap.

it wasn't like bloody, it was just redish and i assumed that's what it was. can her poop just be green cuz she ate a lot of hay? cuz sometimes her poop is green after she eats a lot of hay.

Tthe poop shouldn't be green, but urine can be a redy looking color.. Tthe first time I saw it I thought it was blood and freaked out, but then learned what would be abnormal for us, is normal for them.

Tthe poop shouldn't be green, but urine can be a redy looking color.. Tthe first time I saw it I thought it was blood and freaked out, but then learned what would be abnormal for us, is normal for them.

I agree the poop should never be green. It's a digestive issue as I said earlier that's causing the green. My chins eat hay like horses and I go through A LOT of hay daily. Call your vet and ask about the green poo and ask what causes it. Since this isn't your first time dealing with green poo, you may want to check with the vet on how to fix this issue. Good luck ;)

Back