Bloody, hurt mouth...

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

baaiileeyy

My chinchilla, Mogwai, got a new pumice ledge about two weeks ago. However, in the past three or four days, he became OBSESSED with it and I noticed it was completely destroyed this morning. He was acting really strangely as well; sitting hunched in the corner and not running over to greet me like he usually does, so I got him out of his cage and saw his chin looks like a small chunk has been bitten off of it! ): Could this possibly be from him absolutely destroying his ledge?

He shares a two story cage with my other chinchilla, but they are blocked off from one another because they've never successfully bonded as I'd hoped. I'm hoping they didn't get into a scuff through the bars or something? :/

When you say they are blocked off, do you mean one chin is on the top and the other is on the bottom? or are they side by side? A picture of the cage could help.

I doubt the ledge would cause that, but who knows. Hopefully more experienced members can help. I think a more detailed description of your cage set-up could help.

Also, do you have any other pets? cats, dogs?

Latest posts

Back