Blood

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Megz1228

I came home from work tonight and went over to my boys' cage and noticed some blood. I checked both of them out and one of them and some coloration from his anus area to a little on his tail. I'm wondering if I need to take him to the emergency vet ($100 to walk in the door) or if I should give him some CriticalCare. I've never been through the blood situation before, so I'm hoping for some advice for my little guy! Thanks everyone!

did he maybe just scratch himself, or is he actually bleeding from his anus???? if he just scratched himself, you can put some blukote on it.. if he is actually bleeding from his anus, i would go to the vet immediately.

It's only one little spot and he's acting totally fine. The spots I saw were all dry, nothing was wet.

Most likely one of them nipped the other on the rump. Might have been just a scratch or scrape... enough to bleed, but not cause any noticeable injury.

Was there fur in the cage indicating there was a little scuffle?

Nope, no fur. They always get along really well. The one that was possibly injured is more of the Alpha male, but maybe my other one got tired of dealing with his silliness.

Latest posts

Back