Blood! Please Help ASAP

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moji-n-Rocco

Help!

As I was letting the chinchillas in their cage after they had their play and bath time i noticed there was a spot near Rocco whiskers that was red and quickly realized she had bled and it was dried blood! It isnt still bleeding and I have no idea what happened I didnt notice her get into anything during play and I dont recall seeing this before play so I am at a lost... But now what do I do????? I cant see the wound, I cant tell if their is any dust in the wound and I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO!!! HELP ME!

Do i clean the wound/ fur that has dried blood? If so how and with what?
What do I do over the next few days?

Attachments

• IMG_0064.jpg
    IMG_0064.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 28
Is she caged with another chin? possible chin bite? If so, separate immediately into different cages. As far as wound care, I would burrito her and just take some warm water and paper towel to gently remove the dry blood so that you can see the entire wound. Many times what looks like a little scratch ends up being a lot worse when it is cleaned up and you may need to seek vet care. If it is only a tiny scratch, I'd put some Blu Kote on it and keep a close eye on it until healed.

I cleaned it up last night with some sterile water when I woke up and checked her this morning i noticed it looked really clean! She is housed with another chin so i'm thinking the other chin cleaned it up because i didn't clean all of it off. But i looked pretty good today and didn't see any wounds so i'm thinking it was a superficial nick. I will keep an eye on it though!

Back