Blood in Urine

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crazy

My chinchilla just all of a sudden has blood in her urine, but less than a week ago had an ultra sound and it showed no stones. She just finished her medicine for her mucometra.

Just to clarify - Are you sure it's actually blood? I didn't go back and read your other thread, but have you actually seen her urine before? Because it's normal for chinchilla urine to look light to dark orangey/red. It scared the crap out of me the first time I saw it.

That's the thing, I'm not 100%. The bedding was darker than the other spots and had a reddish tinge. I dabbed a klenex on it and it came off pretty much brown. I find it weird for the urine of that one spot to be off. Her blood results had come back fine. She is acting fine. She has urinated on my bed before...yey right? and it was yellow...not brown. The thing is that that specific urine spot was colored oddly which is what alerted me. I have no choice but to drop her off this morning. I mean wtf? If it's an emergency then why can't I get her in? What difference does it make for me to bring her in and have her looked at then instead of looked at in the back?

...and now this time there isn't any blood?!?!
Ahh what's going on D:!
She's confusing me ;0;
It was very light yellow when I dabbed the bedding. =s So yes a big color difference from that one last night.
I'm guessing then that it isn't too bad if she isn't bleeding each time. So I canceled the drop-off and took the only apt today left 4:50.
Oh please just be ok baby girl.
I just can't handle leaving her since the last and only time I had ever left an animal it died. Poor Chilli, may you rest in peace. Now Chico is like "hey I'm not coming out? D:< rawr!" Lol no silly girl go sleep.

It sounds like you are describing a concentration of urine in her bedding. If it has an orangish tinge, then it is completely normal. If it were blood, it would be more noticeable and splotchy, not largely concentrated.

So it would be more red than brown? I just looked at it again and it is very orange. What would cause her to have such a weird color that one and only time?

Actually she didn't want much critical care or life line again yesterday so I didn't get much in her. That's the only difference I can think of. She's running back and forth in the room...yep real sick...she's gonna kill me at an early age from heart failure. I'm still going to get a urine sample just for paranoia sake. But at least I can sleep knowing she won't die on me while I'm sleeping. W00T she drank more water on her own! :3

oh...and an abundance of base board...
T-T she's so mischievous lately. It's almost impossible to stop her! I'm having to chase her around the room shooing her away from base boards! Will the torture ever stop!?!
Let's hope not; means she's healthy.
GAH now she peed in the corner!!
/wimper
It's like Chilli has come back from the dead to torture me till I fall over D':
Ahh I always said Chilli's overly high-maintenance was good for me.

i have seen this before & like peggy it scared me to death! it was so dark orange that it looked red, especially when it dried a bit. i believe it happens when they do not drink a lot of water so the urine is more concentrated.
also like someone else said it could be what she ate that is affect coloring.
i would suggest putting white paper towels down in the area she normally urinates so you can monitor.

Alright :) Thanks guys!
She didn't drink too much yesterday I don't think, but this morning since I've been sitting her she drank twice :eek: ooooo
I'm all excited she started drinking on her own! I stop giving her so much CC yesterday and now she's thirsty >.>
I guess she was getting quite a bit of water from the CC. I'll get her fluids and a urine test just to be safe :)
Now...I'm going back to bed since my eye feels like it's going to pop.
Feels kind of like I've got one heck of a blood shot eye. Guess I'll know when I walk into the bathroom.
Thanks soooo much again guys. I am glad she's feeling better than ever lol.

Latest posts

Back