Bleeding?? HELP!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, when I first got my female chin from a pet store (I was told she was 5 months old) she was pregnant and miscarried. The vet told us that she was too young to breed and sent us home. She was totally fine.
Approximately one year later, she started bleeding from her vaginal area AGAIN. It was on a day where the vet wasn't open. I monitored her minute by minute until the bleeding stopped. It hasn't happened again, and the vet has deemed her a healthy little female chin. I'm concerned. Has this happened to anyone else?

It was months ago, around march. Its happened twice, and its so odd... the vet checked her and said that if it didnt stop, bring her back but it only lasted about 6 hours. Im thinking since she was pregnant and miscarried, she must have been put with a male at the petstore we bought her from. So far, it hasnt happened again and she seems like a healthy, happy chin. Im very confused about it.

She's been an 'only chin' since I brought her home, and so far no more freak bleedings. Its possible that the male that got her pregnant was her cage mate at the store. Pet stores dont really pay that much attention to genders I guess. Its been MONTHS since, and it hasnt happened again. The vet theorized it could have had something to do with miscarrying?

The first time was because she miscarried (we had NO IDEA she was pregnant!) Our vet said she was too young to make it to a full term. The second time, the culprit was an infection. It was an odd coincidence for the two incidents to fall approximately a year apart, which is why at first I thought they were related in some way.

How long ago was this second episode? Did you get the 'infection" treated?

Back