Bird feather in hay

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, the other day my chins found part of a dead mouse in my 9lb oxbow timothy hay! Decapitated, mangled (had hay bits in it), smelled like pee but dry. I didn't see it when I gave it to them, but they dragged it out of the pile. Hope my chins did not take a bite of it.

Thoroughly grossed out.....

That is nasty.
At least they pulled it out.. lol..

Well, the other day my chins found part of a dead mouse in my 9lb oxbow timothy hay! Decapitated, mangled (had hay bits in it), smelled like pee but dry. I didn't see it when I gave it to them, but they dragged it out of the pile. Hope my chins did not take a bite of it.

Thoroughly grossed out.....

I wonder if they did a taste test? I know my cannibalistic birds LOVE CHICKEN! :tease:

I hope they didn't take a taste test! I'd hope my guys got better taste than that! LOL!

My chin from years ago did do a taste test on a dead roach that was on the floor. He munched it because it was crunchy and realized nope that wasn't good and spat it all out! His face was priceless!

Ever since this thread startd I obsessively check the hay. I have five chins so it takes a long time but now I'm worried!

Back