Bigger cage?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gkdude

I couldn't think of any other place to put this so, here goes I have a kaytee ferret cage for my chinchilla and it is sitting up on a box instead of the floor. At this point I have the necessities in her cage but not much else will fit, the only reason I have a smaller cage is because we had to get one quickly as we bought her from a pet store, my question is if anybody has a large cage they recommend? Please and thank you

Tons of people like the Ferret Nation cage- there's a thread on here where people share design layouts. Last I looked there were 180+pages of posts. There's also a Critter Nation that's similar- the bar spaceing is smaller which is good to keep baby chins from escaping, but some people have and issue with the bars being too weak. I have both and highly recommend them, particularly the Ferret Nation.

I second the Ferret Nation- it's very highly recommended. The bars are very strong, but are only suitible for chins over six months of age (the bar spacing may be too large for younger, and they could escape). Yes, the Critter Nation is the same size, but the bars are weaker. There are more horizontal bars than vertical bars in the CN, so you can put up more shelves, though people have problems with the bars breaking.

Thanks, I was thinking about getting a FN but you guys helped me make the decision, I still have a little bit of saving to do but she's still about 7 months so she's not quite too big for hers yet. Thanks again

We bought two FN 181 (single unit) cages, one for each of our chinchillas-- we absolutely love them. They're the perfect size for their Chin Spins, which we also love! Our plans are to buy an additional level for each of the cages some time in the future. For now, the chins are very happy with the extra space in these good size cages. (We decided to keep their old, smaller cages as emergency backups.)

I have the savic Royal suite and have been extremely pleased with it. I like that it has mess guards built in.

Though like all cages it comes with plastic shelves which either need to be covered in fleece or replaced.

Back