Big Housing making chin not want to be out?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LannyCoop

hey all!

I have a question for all you out there. I got a new cage for my chinny a few months ago and its probably about twice the size as the one I orginally had him in. Still 3 levels just wider and taller. However I have noticed since the new cage he hasn't want to come out of the cage as much for playtime, and when he does he wont stay out for more than 30 mins at a time. I was just wondering if anyone else has had this were the cage is big enough and enough fun for him that they just don't want to come out as much? His health is fine, nothing had changed in that respect. He eats,drinks, pee, poops all good and is still as energetic as ever. He just likes it in there. I am just wanting to make sure this is okay, and normal? I worry a lot haha, over probably nothing. Let me know what you guys think! Thanks :D

He may feel more comfortable in his cage rather than out for playtime and that's the reason. If they get enough excercise in their cage, chins don't even need to come out for playtime. As long as he's eating, drinking and pooing normal I wouldn't worry about it.

Latest posts

Back