Best thing about owning a chin?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Favorite thing about owning a chin

• Psychotic episodes/attitude

Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Dust baths and antics

Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Softest animal on earth

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Chubby faces, fluffy you try finding something cuter!

Votes: 10 37.0%
  • Other, please specify

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

SRSimpson

What is your favorite thing about chins? Is it the soft fur that's like petting a cloud? The cute chubby faces? Psychotic episodes? Dust baths? Just what's makes these little fuzzies so wonderful to you?

I love the connection and bond you create with chinchillas, and just pets in general. You learn how to love without sharing a language. :)

Lol, I love the first answer! There's something about sharing stories of the latest antics my demented squirrelly-critter has got up to with non-chin people, and watching the concerned look spread over their faces... I have a reputation in my family for my unfailing knack for picking 'troublesome' animals. I say it's what makes them interesting. :laughitup:

My favourite thing about them is how curious they are...although it's decidedly the 'killed the cat' type of curiosity (I've always had Siamese, so I'm used to mad cats). Chins do daft things not because they're stupid, but because they're smart and nosy. They can think things through when they actually want to, for instance if you try to barricade something so they can't get at it, or tell them 'no' (this word means 'wait, do it when no one is looking!').

All of the above. However, I do LOVE LOVE LOVE their attitudes.

I wish we could choose more than one!
Personality & insane cuteness!

When my chins sit up on their hind legs and look at me with heads cocked to one side, this has to be one of the cutest poses: the sneeze and nose wipe with paw has to be one of the cutest actions.

Back