Best Tap Filter?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kara315

I've luckily come across that not all water is good for chins. I guess we've been lucky as they have been getting water from just the tap/faucet in the kitchen for the last six years.

Are any of the Brita filters good?

We actually have this in our fridge, if this gets all the bad things out, it would be really easy to use for them.
http://www.brita.com/products/water-pitchers/chrome/

If not are any of the faucet filters good?
http://www.brita.com/products/faucet-filtration/

Or is the brand PUR better?
Thanks guys!

i used to swear by the brita filter ones. untill it broke. (interly my fault when it broke. dropping one on cement is generally a bad idea) it filters out alot of the harm full things in the water.
I would use it for my hins. that or revers osmosis bottled water

i used to swear by the brita filter ones. untill it broke. (interly my fault when it broke. dropping one on cement is generally a bad idea) it filters out alot of the harm full things in the water.
I would use it for my hins. that or revers osmosis bottled water

Do you happen to know if it does the revers osmosis? or is one that gets our the things that cause giardi(sp)? I think the PUR ones do, so i'm going to look for those. But I can't find anything about the Brita, neither pitcher or tap filter.

Brita tap and faucet filters do not remove microbial cysts such as giardia. Pur stage 3 filters do. If you do a search you can get more info.

Brita tap and faucet filters do not remove microbial cysts such as giardia. Pur stage 3 filters do. If you do a search you can get more info.

Thanks, I just found some PUR filters online at target and saw they get the microbial cysts out. It seems even the Pur stage 2 do as well. I'm sure stage 3 is even better, but it gives me more options since their are pitchers and dispensers for the fridge as well that might be nice.
Thanks for the info!

I use a brita filter pitcher that I bought at Walmart for about $20. It works great and the filters last 2 months. There is no need to cool it since I use it strictly for my chinchilla. It holds ten cups and I just keep it right next to the cage. It is very convenient and I highly recommend it

I use a brita filter pitcher that I bought at Walmart for about $20. It works great and the filters last 2 months. There is no need to cool it since I use it strictly for my chinchilla. It holds ten cups and I just keep it right next to the cage. It is very convenient and I highly recommend it

I've been using a PUR filter pitcher, gets more things out then the brita's.

Latest posts

Back