best solution?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andymilo

I bought a Ryerson carrier to use to transport my little girl back to Canada, she will be flying as cargo on the same flight I am taking. I was wondering what would be the best solution to put at the bottom of the carrier. I was thinking putting paper towel with a towel on top, I am worried though because my chin loves to chew things like socks and such and I don't want her to chew the towel or the paper towel. I was also thinking about fleece? I am looking for the best absorbency and the most hygienic since it will be a long day of travel. Any tips are helpful thanks :)

i would put the same thing in the bottom of the carrier then what you have in the "everyday" living area. Whether its bedding or fleece. Whichever would be just fine! (:) Good luck....

unfortunately airline regulations don't allow bedding...and thats what I currently use...I don't know why but it's the rules :(

If they don't allow bedding I would just put in some fleece with a layer of batting sewed in between (how most liners are made). Weird that they don't allow bedding, though. I wouldn't use the towel as she can chew it and it will pull apart into fibers which she may ingest.

It's an absorbant quilt like material. I sew it in the middle of all my liners. You can get it at JoAnn's by the yard.

ohhh okay thanks...ill have to go to the fabric store here...do you just sew it together turn it inside out and then place the betting in and close it up??

I think she meant bedding. My laptop at home has a missing "D" and the "N" sticks so its hard to press, so I make A LOT of typo errors, lol. I was going to kind of say the same thing, although I didn't think of the bedding in between the fleece liners, which is a great idea. I was going to say just to sew a few fleece liners together. How long is the flight?

Oops, just saw that Stackie defined it, sorry.

The batting comes on quilted like material- I just sew the two layers of fleece together and the batting on top, then turn inside out and hidden stitch it shut. :)

Latest posts

Back