Best Cover Songs!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laurie

I heart Leonard
I just listened to Five Finger Death Punches cover of Bad Company's--Bad Company and it's AWESOME! I'm also the hugest fan of Seether's cover of Wham's Careless Whisper--I know! Shaun Morgan doing George Michael are you kidding me! LOL! And also love, love, LOVE Breaking Benjamin's Who Wants to Live Forever by Queen.

Anybody else have something to offer????

Ooo, I agree! LOVE FFDP cover of Bad Company! I will add David Cook's cover of "I just died in your arms tonight". It was awesome live, hope he releases it...

... KIlling time watching Idol 2011, lmao.

Red Hot Chill Peppers cover of The Ohio Players Love Rollarcoaster.
Every time I put it on the juke box everyone gets up and starts dancing.

Metallica's cover of Segar's "Turn the page"
Counting crows version of "Big Yellow taxi"
Elvis's version of "Blue Suede Shoes"
Jeff Buckley's version of "Hallelujah"
Hendrix "Along the watch tower"
Johnny Cash "Hurt"

Last edited:
I just listened to Five Finger Death Punches cover of Bad Company's--Bad Company and it's AWESOME!

I like the video. I just hate how much they synth and autotune there is. I guess I am a 70's hard rock purist :blueblob: <--- Closest thing to a headbang I could find...

Pomplamoose did a cover of Beyonce's Single Ladies. I normally hate the song but I loved the Pomplamoose version. They did some other covers too but the Single Ladies one stands out.

When I was in Ireland, I heard that song "Whiskey In the Jar" which I thought was a Metallica song but it turns out it's a classic Irish folk song...and has been covered extensively. It was very weird hearing it in it's more "natural" form over there.

I like the Metallica version much better and have had it stuck in my head since I got back. Though, I haven't heard any of the other covers of it so I can't say whether it's the best one or not.

I like Janis Joplin's cover of "Summertime" and like Sublime's cover too, but I prefer Joplin's.

Hate to admit it also, but I like Red Hot Chilli Pepper's version of "Higher Ground" better than Stevie's.

Wilson Pickett's "Mustang Sally" cover is also a good one.

Johnny Cash's - Hurt (saw NiN a few years ago and hurt just doesn't work for Trent anymore - compared to Cash he sounds like a whining teenager)
Johnny Cash - The Mercy seat (Nick Cave)
Cyber Axis - Can't get you out of my head (Kylie Minogue - fantastic industrial-metal cover)
Girls Under Glass - Frozen (Madonna) <- completely fantastic
Off By One - Torn (Natalie Imbruglia)

I know this is an old thread but there hasn't been a song or mix of songs that I didn't like from Pentatonix. Here's their latest cover.

Use headphones or a kicking speaker system or you won't be able to her the bass, and if you really have some time to waste you can start with their first performance on The Sing Off. I highly recommend watching all of the Singoff seasons, there are some really good groups on there. I'm really bummed they cancelled it.

One of these days if they come close enough I'd like to see them live. :D

Back