Best Brands of Hay?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pufflestoose

hi i just got 2 new chins about a month ago and was wondering what was the best brand of timothy hay?

KMS hayloft, oxbow, american pet diner are a couple people use-Oxbow is avaliable at petsmart. The best hay is the hay the chin will eat, some prefer Kaytee so find a hay they like and stick with it!

We use Oxbow. When you look at the package it should look green; if it is mostly brown, it is probably old.

I have been getting some awesome hay from Kleenmama's the past couple of times I have ordered from them. My chins go nuts over it.

I use Oxbow. All three like it and I can buy it when I buy my pellets online. I usually order from petfooddirect.com or drsfostersmith.com depending on who has the best coupons when I order. I try to buy enough to get me through a few months so I don't have to pay for shipping.

I get bales of local hay also. Green and fresh. I do like the Oxbow hay however, but with 30 chins it gets too expensive.

Kleenmama's is IMO the best. My chins eat ALL of it rather than picking it apart to get the good bits. Shipping is expensive but one big box lasts me a long time.

thx! ive been using Kaytee timothy hay but its mostly brown so i stopped giving it to them.

I use Stanley compressed shrink wrapped bales of timothy hay because I get it in a 36 bale order from Buckley Brothers much cheaper than Oxbow. My chins really like it, but I liked the look of Oxbow's better. I tried checking into getting local bales of hay, but all of the farmers around here grow a mixture of timothy hay with other plants that I did not want to feed my chins.

Back