Bessie loves scritches!!!!!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i thought her head was going to turn right round for a second there, lol. too cute!

and you have a fish tank too? (gurgling in the background). if so, ahoyhoy to another fishkeeper! (i have two 55 gallons, a 20 long, a 2.5, and a 1.5 myself - multiple tank syndrome much? lol!).

i thought her head was going to turn right round for a second there, lol. too cute!

and you have a fish tank too? (gurgling in the background). if so, ahoyhoy to another fishkeeper! (i have two 55 gallons, a 20 long, a 2.5, and a 1.5 myself - multiple tank syndrome much? lol!).

Wow, I forgot how loud that filter is. I'm so used to it, I don't even notice it anymore. I have a red eared slider in a 75... the filter is so noisy because the water drops about 6 inches or so. Gotta have somewhere for the turtle to climb out of the water!!

What fish do you keep, if you don't mind me asking?

I thought she was going to fall over too or do a poltergeist thing on me!! That's pretty cute.

Wow, I forgot how loud that filter is. I'm so used to it, I don't even notice it anymore. I have a red eared slider in a 75... the filter is so noisy because the water drops about 6 inches or so. Gotta have somewhere for the turtle to climb out of the water!!

What fish do you keep, if you don't mind me asking?

yep, gotta have a basking area for turtles that aren't fully aquatic. you could look at using a cansiter filter, then the outflow of the water wouldn't have to drop so far/or at all. i'd recommend the rena xp series (i love mine!). i bet you do a fair bit of topping off the water level due to evaporation between maintenance eh? canister would definitely fix that.

oh lordy, where do i start with all the finkids...... lol.

oscar, paratilapia polleni, australian rainbows, boesemani rainbows, turquoise rainbow, longfin rosy barbs, bristlenose plecos, zebra danios, rose danios, albino rainbow shark, black ruby barb, perugiae limia livebearers, albino cories, bronze cories, emerald cory, barbatus cories, peppered cory, male bettas, and ramshorn snails. i think that's all of them, lol! i used to breed apple snails as well.

So cute! I though Bessie's head was going to screw right off!!

yep, gotta have a basking area for turtles that aren't fully aquatic. you could look at using a cansiter filter, then the outflow of the water wouldn't have to drop so far/or at all. i'd recommend the rena xp series (i love mine!). i bet you do a fair bit of topping off the water level due to evaporation between maintenance eh? canister would definitely fix that.

Yeah, a canister would be much better, but the whole set up was $200 on craigslist and I just couldn't pass it up (the tank, a stand, an emperor 400 filter, 48 inch overhead fluorescent light, and two water heaters). I'll get a canister when the 400 either dies or I manage to sell it. I must say I'm very happy with how well the 400 does. That tank is crystal clear even with a very messy turtle.

Back