Besides bass pan ones...urine guards?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cinder and Me

~Scuba Chick~
I don't have a popular brand chin cage. It is however a very nice, large one (36"x24"x48"). Anyhoo...

I'm getting a little boy this weekend and have never had a male and heard they can spray the walls when they pee. For those who do not use the metal bass pan urine guards, what do you use? I'm trying to figure out what is a quick and easy clean up setup that'll save my walls.

Thanks all! :))

I've actually only had problems with female's getting the walls when they spray, females are the ones that spray (up to like 5ft!), males tend to just dribble when they try. Males I've never had an issue with unless they were in wire floored cages, in which case male or female it didn't matter the pee hit the wire mesh and splatted. I've used card board boxes, like a flatted fridge box, behind cages, and also tacked a sheet or blanket to the wall, far enough away that they can't reach it. I currently don't use anything behind the cage, and I don't have bass pans, just fleece liners on the floors of the cage.

Wow ok. Well I guess I'll put something behind the cage to see if he aims a little too far back. Hopefully he doesn't - that would be perfect. haha

It really depends on the chin. I had one who would do it constantly and with the two boys I have now it has never been an issue. If it is a problem, Annie from ChinChiq makes some adorable fleece poop guards with fleece ties so you can attach them to the cage and they might do the trick with pee too.

Latest posts

Back