Benny is sick...

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beemarie

so Benny seems to came down with a cold. He has a runny nose and congested. it looks to me like a URI.. He's pooping and peeing. and drinking but he's not eating. I called like 5 vets around my area and no one has an exotic vet available.

I think he's been sick for the past three days. but i just thought he was in his little moods cause he hasnt been out of his cage since Friday. Me and my boyfriend have been sick so i thought it would be best for him to not be out of the cage til we were over the sickness. I didnt want him to catch anything.

I feel like the worst parent right now. I'm trying to find him a good vet that i can afford. I'm a college student and my boyfriend just lost his job. I spent most of my savings to try to save my cat but two days ago we had to put him down.

I dont know what to do. my grandmother said she doesnt think it will be very beneficial to spend my last penny on trying to get him better cause she was told that once the symptoms start showing it's too late. What should I do? I keep crying.

He needs to see a vet who specializes in chins asap, so at least you can get an initial diagnosis so you then know how to go forward with treatment and if you can afford it. Either way, you can't let him suffer, especially when it still may be in a treatable stage. When it comes to chins, time is the enemy. Call again and remind the office personnel that time is extremely urgent when it comes to chins and you can't wait. Can they not squeeze in an emergency? Otherwise, I would show up with my chin at the vets and wait and demand to be seen. You have to be strong and determined and your chin's best advocate. Good luck!

If you are having trouble paying ask about Care Credit. Many vets are starting to accept it, and some are willing to work out payment plans.

If that vet doesn't work you can contact Dr. Janice Goode in Marlton NJ (she is the best) at the Banfield Hosp 856-596-55501. If she is booked and can't take any more she will refer you to someone else

Latest posts

Back