Bella in her new cage :)

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lishreese

Here's her cage setup
IMG_0124_2.jpg

IMG_0125_2.jpg

I wonder what that chinchilla-sized bump could be...
IMG_0127_2.jpg

It's Bella!
IMG_0128_2.jpg

Mommy...I'm trying to sleep under here!
IMG_0129_2.jpg

what a cute lil fleece lump you have there! lol. i'm sure Bella is very happy with her new digs. but no litter pan?

Ha ha! silly Bella! Very nice set up--I love that fleece, I must try this design for a manicure!

Are the pans from "bas pans" that I've been hearing about? If so, what is their contact information so I can order a couple =D

Fantastic setup by the way, I actually like the print...
~Richard

Nevermind, found them:
Bass Pans

I need to call for the 3" tall pans though, (417)235-7557, (800)798-0150 during the business hours M - F 8am to 4pm US Central

I believe it's a 6$ per pan extra charge, but it seems worth it.
~Richard

Last edited:
Awww how cute is she! I love the new setup! If you don't want her kicking up the fleece you might want to try putting chinchillers in each corner. I do that, along with a fishbowl and a glass litterpan (which mine use exclusively!) and it works very well.

i was just wondering why no litter pan, that's all. more often than not i see them when a cage is decked out in such pretty fleece :))

She REFUSED to use the litter pan lol so I took it out. She hasn't turned the fleece colors or anything weird like that, and with so much fleece it's not concentrated enough to be smelly, so it worked out ok. At first I was worried about her kicking up the fleece cuz I've heard stories about people's chins balling them in the corner so it was a stinky ball of fleece, but she doesn't do that, just sleeps under it lol. And she doesn't get urine in her fur transferred from the fleece, which I was worried about, so that's good. She seems to like it so whatever floats her boat!

Also, I want to put her wheel (once she's big enough to have it) on the bottom level next to her water bottle, but I'm concerned that she'll shake the cage and spill the water out of the bottle. The bottle doesn't have a little ball at the end for her to push, its just a really skinny glass straw so the air and water can't go around each other and spill unless it's disturbed by her licking it. Does anyone else have a bottle like this and have any experience with this? I don't want to come home to her being dehydrated cuz she spilled all her water.

Latest posts

Back