Beige TOV Triplets

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mark miller

Miller Chinchillas
I came out to my chin room yesterday to a big surprise. My Somavia Beige TOV female had 3 babies and all are brown velvets. The sire is my best dark Standard male so I am very excited for all 3 of these babies. I've attached pics. One is very dark colored pictured with mom, the other two are lighter in color pictured with mom, but all 3 are definitely velvets. I have been raising chins for almost 30 years and have never had or seen more then 1 brown velvet in a litter. I just wanted to share this once in a lifetime litter with all of you. :)

Attachments

• IMG00047.jpg
    IMG00047.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG00074.jpg
    IMG00074.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 150
Congratulations Mark. One of my very favorite flavors of chin. :)

Congrats Mark! The mother is super dark and very nice looking, I'd be super excited by triplet brown velvets! I hope they're all doing well for you and turn out to be awesome quality.

My breeding cages are wire bottom, so I use cut squares of carpet for the females to litter on and to nurse their babies on. It provides warmth and allows the babies to get off the wire for the first couple weeks. The baby jar lid attached to the cage is for suppliment feeding. All 3 babies are doing good. They are 2 males and 1 female. Thanks for the well wishes!

Congratulations on your chinchilla jackpot! :) I think someone else already said this, but please post pictures of them as they grow. You can never post too many chinchilla pictures!

: D

All 3 Beige TOV kits are still doing pretty good. Mom was struggling to nurse all 3. She had only raised a single in her prior litter. I had to foster one TOV kit out to another mom. So far it is working out and all 3 seem to be getting more milk. I have been on pins and needles the last 2 days trying to keep all my babies alive with 2 more born today, it's been a challenging week of raising chins.

Latest posts

Back