Bathing

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ljiayi

@chingary
It's humid here in Singapore so I try and sand bath my chin on a daily basis at a fixed timing of around 7-8pm. Sometimes he would immediately start bathing himself but after that for the next couple of days, he would just enter the bathing container and stone there. Could this be that he doesn't find himself dirty and doesn't want a bath (which means I won't try and bath him on a daily basis anymore)? Or are there other possible reasons?

I'm currently using blue cloud bathing sand from Sunseed. Is there a possiblity that he just doesn't like this bathing sand and wants another brand?

I have never heard of a chin protesting Blue Cloud dust. I would say your chin doesn't need to be dusted daily. Try every other day and see how he does.

I've had three or four picky bathers. One of our standard males only baths 1 out of 3 times we offer dust. He'll end up looking oily before he bathes. Drives me nuts! But hey, it's a their bodies and maybe yours is just not in the mood for all that rolling and bathing. :)

Latest posts

Back